Mar 2, 2011

The Process of A Girl Who Jumped to the Ground

I am jumping from the 11th floor. What I see is as follows:

A new couple who lives on the 10th floor is fighting….


Sturdy Nana, who lives on the 9th floor, is crying secretly….


Yamei, who lives on the 8th floor, is finding her fiancĂ© sleeping with her best friend…


Xiaodan, who lives on the 7th floor, is taking an anti-depression pill….


Unemployed Adan, who lives on the 6th floor, is still hunting for a job in the newspaper….


Respectable professor Wang, who lives on the 5th floor, is wearing her wife’s bra secretly….


Long, who lives on the 4th floor, is breaking up with his boyfriend….


The old man who lives on the 3rd floor expects someone to visit him everyday….


Lily, who lives on the 2nd floor, is still looking at the picture of her husband who disappeared after they were married for only half a year….


I felt I was the unhappiest person in the world before I jumped….


But now, I know everyone has some hard situations that other people don’t know about….


I really feel my life is not that bad after I’ve seen their lives….


All the people I just saw are looking at me now….


I think they will feel their lives are fine after they have seen me.



                                                                                           -------  Deyong Zhu

1 comment:

  1. Dear Footprint of Water, how interesting that you remembered this comic and translated it from your language to share with me and all of us bloggers.

    Can you explain why we laugh at such a sad thing as a woman jumping off an 11 story building? Can you explain the deeper meaning here--especially for you?

    Thank you so much for your good mind and far reaching interests! I look forward to your future blogs!

    ReplyDelete