Feb 15, 2011

what is love ?

Love looks like the sun that is hot, enthusiastic and bright.
Even though love can burn everything, people still run towards it.
Love looks like rose that is beautiful, attractive and balmy.
Even though love has thorns, people still cannot countrol themselves from touching it.
Love looks a shooting star that is momentary, promising and amazing.
Even though love lasts a short time. people still catch the chance to make a wish.

Love is paying but not expecting any return.
Love is tolerating but not lose principle.
Love is destiny when encountering the right person in an unremarkable alley.
Love is a kind of promise when deciding to live with  "THE ONE" for the rest of your life.
Love is a kind of responsibility when ready to protect "THE ONE" with your wide shoulder.
Love is a kind of appointment when seeing the sunset with  "THE ONE" until you are old.
Love is accompanying  "THE ONE" until leaving this world.

2 comments:

  1. Jing, you captured something profound in your image of the sun and love. It is true that everyone runs toward this big blazing ball (the sun) LOVE! Without a thought about getting hurt!

    Then how interesting is it that you move to a briefy kind of light, a shooting star. That is love too, isn't it? Just like our lives, way too brief, too short, unable to last.

    Finally, I am struck by your view of mature love once you find "THE ONE." I like the image of making an "appointment" to see the sunset with "THE ONE." Somehow, I feel sad now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I am sorry to let you feel sad. I am not willing to admit I am a pessimistic person, but sometimes maybe I am. The poem I wrote is the way I understand what love is even though I have no experience. However, I think love is not just between male and female. It could exist in family, nature, planet, life, everything.

    From my view, it is not sad at the end of my poem because it is natural cycle. Everyone needs to go through, sooner or later. However, it is a kind of happiness if there has someone who accompany with you until that day is coming. Actually, it is more painful to the person who stays, rather than the person who leaves.

    ReplyDelete